I want to share some of my favorite things to see and do in Birmingham. Whether you're just visiting or you're a local, check out these great spots. Maybe you'll run into me!
- Thank You Books a rad independent bookstore.
- Botanica a houseplant paradise.
- Seasick Records buy hip vinyl & take a photo in the vintage photobooth.
- Club Duquette designer Levi's and good vibes.
- Ore Mercantile Deli & Bodega many great vendors are represented here.
- basic. shop ethical fashion.
- Urban Suburban Antiques great antique store with midcentury modern.
- Hop City our best selection of beer and wine, with a taproom.
Drinking & Dining
- Trattoria Zaza fresh and consistently amazing Italian food. Not too pricey.
- Bottega fine dining with award-winning chef Frank Stitt. Get the coconut cake.
- The Garage Cafe casual bar with a beautiful outdoor courtyard. Cash only.
- Golden Age Wine gorgeous wine bar with small bites.
- Mom's Basement dive bar that looks like your mom's 70s basement.
- The Pizitz Food Hall modern day food court with lots of international fare.
- Saw's Barbecue best bbq in Bham! 5 locations so you'll always be near one.
- Panache by Domestique Coffee Panache is local roaster Domestiqe's beautiful 5 Points café.
- The Essential a refined neighborhood cafe with housemate pasta and cocktails.
- Harvest Roots Ferments kombucha taproom with amazing slushies and kimchi tots.
- Ruffner Mountain go hiking with friends & fam.
- Vulcan Park & Museum a great picnic spot and see Birmingham history.
- Sloss Furnaces take a tour of this National Historic Landmark.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens the perfect activity for a good-weather day!
- Railroad Park a 19-acre green space downtown.
- Birmingham Museum of Art it's fantastic and it's free!
- The Market at Pepper Place a Saturday morning market with farm-grown food and maker/artist goods.
- Saturn our best indie music venue.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute a large museum shining light on the Civil Rights movement.